Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: A great wire connector!!

  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member CROM's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 1999
    Posts
    1,202
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Hey guys, just wanted to send this link out. These connectors are great, require a very small amount of wire length and do not require cutting if you screw up the first time(and we always do sometime or another). I pick mine up at Trak Auto.

    http://www.posi-lock.com/posilock.html

    http://www.posi-lock.com/lock2.html

    I use them on my car. I am against soldering. Look around your car one day and see if you can find a soldered wire. I bet you cant. Every wire connection on our cars inside the engine bay and inside the cockpit is done with some sort of clip or connector.

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ June 11, 2002 10:29 AM: Message edited by: CROM ]</font>

  2. #2
    Inactive Member smeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2000
    Posts
    86
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    dbman96 just owned you CROM! LOLOL I solder my electrical stuff!!!

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member CROM's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 1999
    Posts
    1,202
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Many of the wires are actually crimped into the pins.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Max Psi GSR's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 15th, 1999
    Posts
    860
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by smeister:
    dbman96 just owned you CROM! LOLOL I solder my electrical stuff!!!</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Picture of CROM below....
    owned

    Owwwned again BEEEOCH!

  5. #5
    Inactive Member smeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2000
    Posts
    86
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    POOOAAAHAHHAhahhaah I got some other owned pics from Honda-Tech...that junk is hilarious!

  6. #6
    Inactive Member dbman96's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 16th, 1999
    Posts
    324
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    but aren't the clip and connectors' pins generally soldered onto the wires? I know that's how we build all our connectors here at work (OEM supplier).

  7. #7
    Inactive Member klintman's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 21st, 2001
    Posts
    319
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    crimping BAAADDD ! solder GOOOODD ! you got owned ...proper .

  8. #8
    Senior Hostboard Member CROM's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 1999
    Posts
    1,202
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well,

    I disagree. [img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •